Buena Park School District

  • Buena Park School District Boosts Math Learning Skills through New Instruction, Partnership

    Buena Park School District is revamping its curriculum and bolstering support through a partnership with University of California, Irvine that puts doctoral students into classrooms to observe and share feedback for improving instruction, and through its popular Math Academy, which challenges students to apply real-world scenarios to boost understanding. Now in its second year, the Math Academy focuses on small group breakout sessions and fun activity-driven lessons in grades three through five, providing individual coaching and Cognitively Guided Instruction for student-centered teaching.

    Read More

  • Buena Park School District Students Showcase Soccer Talent at Inaugural Superintendent’s Cup

    Buena Park School District’s elementary school students drew thunderous cheers of applause from parents and family members for every goal, blocked shot and kick during the first-ever Superintendent’s Cup soccer tournament on Dec. 3. The Superintendent’s Cup brought together more than 160 third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students from each of the District’s five elementary schools for a multi-round soccer tournament, aimed at teaching athleticism, perseverance, teamwork and good player conduct.

    Read More

  • Buena Park School District Partners with In-n-Out Foundation for Movie Night Fundraiser

    Whitaker Elementary School welcomed droves of students, parents and community members onto campus for a night of tasty burgers and outdoor cinematic splendor during its Movie Night Fundraiser on Nov. 17. The event was sponsored by Whitaker’s Home School Organization and featured an In-n-Out food truck, thanks to the In-n-Out Foundation. The night brought in more than $1,800, of which 75 percent will be used to fund Whitaker School field trips, student events and support for classrooms. The other 25 percent of the proceeds will be given to a Buena Park charity.

    Read More