WHITTIER, CA – The Whittier Union High School District invites eighth-graders and their parents to attend Future Frosh Night on Thursday, March 12. Teachers, students and administrators at each of the District’s five comprehensive high schools will provide valuable information about the classes and programs available to all students.
“Future Frosh Night is an important event that allows the District the opportunity to introduce eighth-graders and their parents to the myriad opportunities available to students on our high school campuses,” said Whittier Union High School District Superintendent Sandra Thorstenson. “It’s been a great success thus far and we’re looking forward to another well-attended evening.”
The evening provides information about each high school’s exemplary programs for ninth-graders, including: Advanced Placement courses and challenging Honors programs; rigorous academics; college preparation and counseling; innovative career academies; top athletics programs; visual and performing arts programs; extensive support services; and exciting extracurricular activities.
Whittier Union features California Distinguished Schools, nationally recognized high-performing high schools and 14 innovative career technical education academies. For information, call (562) 698-8121.
Future Frosh Night Schedule of Events, March 12:
- California High School, 9800 S. Mills Ave., 6 p.m., in the main gym
- La Serna High School, 15301 Youngwood Drive, 6 p.m., in the Locke gym
- Pioneer High School, 10800 Benavon St., 6 p.m., in the main gym
- Santa Fe High School, 10400 S. Orr & Day Road, Santa Fe Springs, 6 p.m., in the Mendez gym
- Whittier High School, 12417 E. Philadelphia St., 5:45 p.m., meet in the gym
Coverage and/or inclusion of this event in your calendar of events is welcome and greatly appreciated.