Río Hondo College
Rio Hondo College Students to Provide Free 2016 Income Tax Filing Aid
WHAT: IRS-certified students from Rio Hondo College will provide free basic income tax return preparation for individuals and families who earned $54,000 or less in 2016 as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
WHEN: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 10 to April 14; closed Feb. 17 and March 31
WHERE: Administration of Justice Building Room 203, Rio Hondo College, 3600 Workman Mill Road, Whittier
DETAILS: VITA volunteers will help prepare Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ, including standard and itemized deductions and earned income tax credit. VITA does not handle Form 1040NR, married couples filing separately, Schedules C, D, E, F and SE, rental property or farm income.
Applicants for aid will need:
- Photo identification for all those on the return
- Social Security cards
- Birth dates for filers and all dependents
- Wage and earnings forms (W-2, W-2, 1099-R)
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099s)
- Copy of 2015 federal and state returns, if available
- Blank check with bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Other data: interest statements, day care records, day care tax ID number
INFORMATION: Call (562) 463-7359 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. No appointments necessary. Arrive before 1 p.m. to ensure you can be assisted before closing time.