WHITTIER – IRS-certified students from Río Hondo College will provide free basic income tax return preparation for individuals and families who earned $56,000 or less in 2019 as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
The program will run from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays from Jan. 31 through April 10 at the El Monte Educational Center, 3017 Tyler Ave., El Monte. It will be closed Feb. 14 and March 27.
No appointment is needed. VITA volunteers will help prepare forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ, including standard and itemized deductions, and earned income tax credit. VITA does not handle Form 1040NR, married couples filing separately, Schedules C, D, E, F and SE, rental property or farm income. Applicants for aid will need:
• Photo identification for all those on the return
• Social Security cards or taxpayer identification cards
• Birth dates for filers, spouse and dependents
• Wage and earnings forms (W-2, 1099, 1098)
• Deduction and credit information
• Forms 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C when applicable
• Copy of 2018 federal and state returns, if available
• Direct deposit information
• Other data: interest statements, day care records, day care tax ID number
INFORMATION: Call (562) 463-7359.