Buena Park School District
Buena Park School District Partners with In-n-Out Foundation for Movie Night Fundraiser
BUENA PARK, CA – Whitaker Elementary School welcomed droves of students, parents and community members onto campus for a night of tasty burgers and outdoor cinematic splendor during its Movie Night Fundraiser on Nov. 17.
Students and their families gathered onto Whitaker School’s basketball courts for a special viewing of “The Secret Life of Pets” while feasting on In-n-Out burgers, popcorn and candy.
The event was sponsored by Whitaker’s Home School Organization and featured an In-n-Out food truck, thanks to the In-n-Out Foundation. The night brought in $1,863.75 — 75 percent of which will be used to fund Whitaker School field trips, student events and support for classrooms. The other 25 percent of the proceeds will be given to a Buena Park charity.
“As usual, our community showed up with their Whitaker pride,” Whitaker School Principal Stephanie Williamson said. “It’s amazing to see so many parents here, together raising funds to support our students. I am beyond proud.”
Whitaker School was randomly selected to host the In-n-Out Foundation via a lottery drawing in June 2021. The event also included a showcase of Whitaker School student artwork, essays and a song that centered around the theme “What Whitaker Means to Me.”
“Movie Night was an incredible opportunity to get all of our kids together and let them enjoy time away from the educational process while introducing them to something new,” Whitaker School parent Gabriela F. said. “It’s a great way to bring the community together for a good cause.”
Twenty-five student winners, whose work was featured at the event, were selected for their excellence and were awarded In-n-Out meal tickets to use at the event.
“I want to thank Whitaker School’s Home School Organization and the In-n-Out Foundation for their major philanthropic support. The night’s proceeds will go a long way toward making Whitaker School shine brighter and it will also benefit the City of Buena Park as a whole,” Superintendent Dr. Ramon Miramontes said. “It truly takes a village to raise a child and we are lucky to live within such a caring village that knows and encourages generosity and charity.”
FUNDRAISER1: Students and parents bundled up with cozy blankets and enjoyed tasty In-n-Out burgers during Whitaker School’s Movie Night fundraiser, which brought in $1,863.75 that will pay for school field trips, events, supplies as well as donations to a local Buena Park charity.
FUNDRAISER2: A Buena Park School District mother and her two children enjoy a night out under the stars at Whitaker School’s Movie Night fundraiser. The night’s proceeds will largely go to funding field trips, events and buying everyday supplies for Whitaker School.